Thursday, March 10, 2011

1. People Who Have Influenced or Inspired You

Okay, I know I haven't written for a while. A long while. But I really had nothing to say. But now I know what I am going to write about. I found a list of things to uplift your spirits. I have decided to answer one (maybe two) every day and include my thoughts on it. The list can be found here... http://demandingjoy.com/?p=1027


1. People who have influenced or inspired you


    ~ My mom. She is absolutely amazing. Her entire day is filled with taking care of kids, feeding kids, cleaning up after kids, and helping kids with their homework. And she is still in a good mood (most of the time). Because of her, I have learned how to work hard and organize my time well. I also know how to argue without making any real points and get people to say things that they don't mean too. I also appreciate her sense of humor. I am so glad I was blessed with a mom who actually thinks things are funny. I know that I can be a good mom because I have learned from her.

   ~My dad. I love my dad. He works hard to support his family every day. Then when he is home, he fixes things that need fixing (the internet, my door, the sink, etc.). And he is so calm about everything. He almost never gets mad and he is also really funny. I'm so glad he's my dad!

  ~My favorite older sister. She is wonderful. Without her, I believe I would have failed half my English classes. And barely passed the other half. She is amazing with words and knows just how to say something. She is also very creative when it comes to things that she needs. Who knew a shelf could be made out of a cardboard box? Anything she needs, she doesn't wait for someone to help her. She just gets it done. 

  ~My friend, Heather. She is so inspirational because she wanted to be in my blog. So this is for you, Heather. =)

  ~ Gordon B. Hinckley. He was an amazing prophet, and I know we shouldn't pick favorites ( they are all favorites) but he is more favorite then the others. The way he spoke... the message was so clear and blunt. I understood him so well. He said "Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others...By and large, I have come to see that if we complain about life, it is because we are thinking only of ourselves." How can you get any clearer than that?
  
 ~ Joseph Smith. He was willing to suffer anything for what he believed. He went through so much and still wouldn't deny Christ. He was very loving and forgiving. We are studying the Doctrine and Covenants in seminary this year, and more and more my appreciation grows for Joseph Smith. 
 
  ~Nephi. He is my favorite Book of Mormon prophet. Even though his brothers were always murmuring, Nephi still loved and prayed for them. He had the strength and courage to do what the Lord said without question. In times of trouble, he always turned to the Lord first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I love movies, books, and food. All kinds.