Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Disciples of Christ


 Choice 2: Luke 10:38–42; 11:1–13; 12:13–40; 13:23–24; 14:16–33. Being a Disciple of Jesus Christ

  1. Read Luke 10:38–42; 11:1–13; 12:13–40; 13:23–24; 14:16–33 and the institute student manual commentary for Luke 11:5–13, “The Parable of the Friend at Midnight” (p. 115). Make a list of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and what the Savior taught about counting the costs of following Him.
One thing is that you must want to listen to and heed the words of Christ, much like Mary. A disciple must be eager to learn and to appease the Lord. He must be generous and not greedy, building up riches in heaven rather than on Earth. A disciple of Christ must be willing to give up everything he has to serve Christ.
  1. Identify one of the teachings from your list that you would like to apply more fully in your life. Write a paragraph about how you could apply that teaching and what difference you believe it would make in your life.
I want to be eager to listen and heed the words of Christ. Sometimes I think I am doing well, and others, not so much. I need to really study my scriptures more so that I can really know what Christ tells us. The other thing that I really need to do is apply those words to my life. I need to develop better habits of listening to the words of Christ.
  1. Read Luke 14:33; Omni 1:26; Mosiah 2:34; Matthew 13:44–46. Explain in writing what is ultimately required to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
The thing that is ultimately required to be a disciple of Jesus Christ is to give all that you have. As it says in Matthew 13; “… the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.” A person should be willing to give up everything that they have if they want to serve Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I love movies, books, and food. All kinds.