Monday, April 11, 2011

8. The Best Things that Happened in the Last Year

1. I got accepted to BYU-I! Now I know that is not such a great accomplishment... but it is nice to know that I am not that 5% or so that is to dumb (or whatever the reason) to get accepted. =)
2. I got a really good grade on my English research paper that I put my sweat, blood, and tears into! For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, my English class had to write a 16 page research paper for our Senior Project. I researched color psychology (which is really fascinating, by the way) and got it all done. I spent a whole lot of time on it... practically died writing it... and now it is all done and I never have to think of that agian!
3. I got a dorm with my best friend! I am so excited to go to college and now I get to share that experience with one of the best people in the world!
4. I got my driver's licence! I kept putting it off for the longest time until my sister left, and there was no one to drive me anywhere... so I had to get my licence. So, now I have it and I can go where ever I want when ever (with my parents' permission... of course)
5. We got a dog! Isis, our wonderful Great Dane died last year and now we finally got a new dog. I still miss Isis, but you can't live well without a dog to play with. Our new dog is a Vizsla, which is a wonderful kind of dog... if you have a lot of patience. Maggie took forever to potty train... and she still pees on the carpet a little. But she's sweet and loyal. I can take her on a walk and never need to use her leash. She stays near me all the time.
6. I lost a whole lot of weight. For as long as I can remember, I have been overweight. I finally found a diet that helped me and I lost 50lbs! Pants are so much easier to find now... it's amazing!
7. I made a new friend, invited her to church, and got her baptized! =) I am so glad to have brought her to the truth. The church has brought so much happiness to her life... and I am so happy for her!


And of course, there are a lot of good things that happened. But I am not going to list them all... =)

1 comment:

  1. You are such an amazing person. Congratulations on getting into BYU Idaho. And great job on your paper. You are so ambitious and you are fun to be around college will be an amazing experience. I am lucky to know you.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I love movies, books, and food. All kinds.